Alicia Padron a most wonderful illustrator of charming children's books tagged me to write seven things about myself. (You should go to her site to see the banner of a dog flying over the Empire State Building.)
How can I resist?
1. I love rainy days...the rainier the better...
Here people trudge along 8th Avenue.
2. I revel in reading really long books. Middlemarch and War and Peace are my idea of fun.
Another person on 8th Avenue. Doesn't black and white look more chic somehow?
3. I think people who talk on cell phones while checking out at the super market are excessively rude. Is the salesclerk not worthy of 'Good morning' at least? They should pay $20 extra as an 'unpleasant person' tax.
4. I like the crossing guard's super bright slicker. (You can see I'm running out of puff here...)
5. Being inside on a wet evening is bliss. Time to read all those long, long books...
6. My favorite food is probably bread --hot, crusty bread straight from the oven with butter and crunchy honey or strawberry jam.
7. In case you have fallen asleep at the dullness of this post, I throw in a photo of me as a drippy hippie selling beads I'd made on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence circa 1973
Once upon a time....