Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Walk Down 23rd Street



West 23rd Street is probably most famous for the infamous Chelsea Hotel.
When my friend M. stayed there, a huge door fell off a closet and hit her.
When my brother and his wife stayed there, we all enjoyed watching a photo shoot for the most exotic lingerie.
But you can also buy a guitar right next door.



Eat Spanish food.



You can go to church.
Look at all the TV and film vans. Currently three different productions being shot here.



You can look in the lobby of the hotel which is sort of dumpy for all that.
And rather expensive for what it is.
Perhaps you are paying for ambiance and history.



You can buy packing materials to send things to far away places.
Or get a very stylish tattoo with an Asian flavor.




And watch them dig up the street from the window of the bus.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I almost took a photo of the guitar store but it was slightly raining and I was too lazy to pull out my camera. LOL! On my way back, I'd run out of space on my memory stick. I'm glad you took a photo. There is a lot to see and do on 23rd street.

    Paz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth,

    What a contrast to living in Marrakech - I love the neon signs below!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The variety of the community of NY is amazing. Love your pix!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you get a tattoo to commomerate your trip to NYC?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! That's a good question, Ming. I'd like to know the answer, too. ;-)

    Paz

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!