Sunday, March 3, 2013

Some Traditional Men's Clothes/Morocco


As in most of the world over, blue jeans, sweat shirts and leather jackets are the uniform of the young.

However the habitues of the cafe in Ifni prefer to be comfy. (Turbans, slippers, pointy hooded djellaba). 


Blue work smocks as in France....comfy pants.


This pair are rather up to date!


In the big square in Marrakesh


note the traditional skull cap.


In Marrakesh too


back in Ifni


and Tiznit.


Stripes are popular!


So easy to slip a djellaba over everything else when you want to keep warm.


Three friends chatting in Tiznet.



This is a wonderful man we have known for about 15 years who makes his living twirling his hat tassel on rue riad zitoune laKadim. He's always cheerful.




13 comments:

  1. That fabulous blue is EVERYWHERE. Beautiful Elizabeth - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colours, textures and patterns of not only the clothing but everything the eye can see in these wonderful photos is a feast for the senses Elizabeth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those clothes look really comfortable to me. I love living in my pajamas all day when can get away with it. It doesn't happen very often, I hasten to add. But in Morocco, well, I think that might be doable, even out in public. The idea of wrapping some beautifully colored cloth all around and walking about covered from head to toe does appeal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not doubt about it: Moroccan clothes are much more interesting than New York City clothes. Once upon a time I sewed a Moroccan cape for my daughter. I wonder if she still has it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elizabeth, the traditional menswear look very comfy and suitable for all physiques. A real double plus.

    I love the sunshine flowing through all your photos and the glimpses the tilework and all the color.

    Over here...we've sold out of the advertise harem pant style. Have you seen any harem pants in Morocco?

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an old old expression in the Northwest, "Cotton is rotten". Unless Gore-Tex, those clothes won't happen here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More posts on Ifni PLEASE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Elizabeth, I forgot to mention that I'd noticed the figures in the Walk/Don't Walk sign seem to be wearing the international menswear pants look.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Elizabeth - I have found you again! Somehow you disppeared off my side bar and I suddenly thought of you today. Hope you didn't think I didn't want to read you any more. Beautiful photographs of Morocco - are you over in Marrakech at present? If so how I envy you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like that everyone looks comfortable and happy.

    Love the photo of your cheerful friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoying these photos very much...especially this last photo. I love his clothing...he is a living painting...and the instrument...so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I especially like the three friends in Tiznit and your tassle-twirling friend.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!