Monday, May 30, 2016

1001 Posts



So much to see - as ever


Up on 5th Avenue a taxi zooms past people in costume. Who can they be?


Part of a dance performance - cell phone in hand.


Looking fierce -with a cigarette...


Sailors looking friendly with Pat, my favorite crossing guard.


The sign of the pig in Greenwich Village.


I get all my life advice from abandoned buildings....


So I thought  -  and decided that 1001 posts on a blog is quite enough. I sort of tried abandoning this one a couple of years ago but now think that this one's time is really up.
Blogging is such fun and you encounter the most lovely people - most of whom I plan on keeping up with.

I'm loving the simplicity of Instagram where my handle is biffwix.
Please follow me and let me know if you are on Instagram...
Some very occasional thoughts on life and books and photography etc will appear 




18 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sort of feel blogger is kind of over.....but I love your blog!

      Delete
  2. Our view of the city is richer because of your photos - 1001 is a good number, but I'm with Julia and Linda - :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Lisa
      so you must come in and look at New York in the flesh!

      Delete
  3. Say it isn't so?

    Meanwhile, Happy 1001!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Be different. Don't ride that latest or new train. I refuse to do any other media simply because of the time doing all of those would take up. It always makes me sad when others stop blogging. Guess it is inevitable some day. I do love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!
      Sort of feel blogging has had its heyday and I have been blogging for ages and ages - ten years now. Thank you for liking my photos!
      Started Instagram to send little postcards to our daughter in London. It's visually much better than the dreaded Facebook!

      Delete
  5. I understand how you feel.
    ButI have always loved your photos and meeting Monsieur Buster.
    I am trying to get off the computer s, but I am interested in Instagram.
    We shall see.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a blow to come back to after having three weeks without Broadband Elizabeth. I do so love your tastes of N Y.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, Pat!
    I just sort of felt I needed a change of direction.
    I will keep on following you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos. Only in New York you can find these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your photos as always!! I'll definitely be continuing to follow you on Instagram!! Exiting blog world for Instagram seems to be the latest trend. I'm not ready to do it since my kids are still young and family that lives far away loves to see the updated photos of the grandchildren. I'll miss you here but will continue to love you just as much in Instagram land!!!!! xoxo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your wonderful 1001 Posts!
    Love always seeing your gorgeous photos.
    I understand how you feel, Elizabeth, but I am sad when a friend from long time stop blogging...
    Sending lots of hugs!

    you will

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice and 1001 posts successfully created. congrats:) atleast monthly once u will update new post. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!