Sunday, March 1, 2015

ABC Carpet


When outside looks like this:


and people wait for the bus and/or spring - neither of which show any signs of arriving any time soon -  we reflect on the fact that this has been the coldest winter since 1934. We need to escape.


So, we head to ABC Carpet where the decor can be relied upon to be shabby chic and artsy and beautifully weird. Here we come upon this poor Madonna who seems to need to escape too.


Or maybe she finds meditating on metal bits therapeutic. Who knows?


Upstairs there are lace curtains


and reflections


and beds the like of which I'll never sleep in.


At home I'm reduced to photographing flowers.

Snow expected to start about 10am.....




9 comments:

  1. amazing place. Always look forward to your still lives - always a treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love making the still lives and am much too lazy to paint these days...

      Delete
  2. I don't have ABC Carpet but when I need a quick fluff-up I drive to the posh market and look and smell the amazing flowers and the outstanding fruit and vegetable displays.
    Always cheer me up.
    Your last photo is so beautiful I am mesmerized !

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Going shopping shakes one out of one's rut - even if we only look and dream of possibilities...

      Delete
  3. Just found your blog. Enjoying being shown New York. From over here in the UK, New York and the snow/cold looks quite romantic. Can understand it's not though. great photos. Hope you warm up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear things - as in spring - are much advanced in the UK - lucky you!

      Delete
  4. Elizabeth, as I type just before 9 pm, it looks as if the snow has stopped. Most sidewalks along my street have been shoveled clear. Not sure what is in store for the overnight.

    Meanwhile, I think that your picture of flowers is a luxurious as anything to be found in ABC.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mega slushy out these this morning - at least it's a bit warmer!

      Delete
  5. I just adore the bowl that fruit rests in.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!