Friday, February 13, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day and Fed Up with the Weather...



Definitely need flowers...


the first anemones I've bought this year.


A very good season for reading - a lot.


The weather is still beastly and a snow storm is expected tomorrow night - and as for the poor people who live in Boston - they expect a blizzard. Currently it's -3'C - . This picture was taken yesterday through the grubby roof window of a taxi.... heading towards...


Eric Kayser - purveyor of little hearts to dream on...


and huge ones.


The dog has retreated to his bed with the pelts of his bunny and lobster.


I'm so bored I've started playing with my food. Here  a bearded pecan cookie with lettuce hair designed by me.


This pecan cookie designed by Margaret Trombly is more cheerful and elegant. When not playing with food with me, Margaret gives talks on art at The Met...






14 comments:

  1. Oh Elizabeth, I am am going to skip past this being Friday the you-know-what, and wish you and yours a very Happy Valentine's Day!

    Yes, this continued weather pattern is really getting to be a chore. I continue to limit my time outdoors, and hope for temperatures above freezing. I am grateful that the apartment's radiators continue to radiate. Made more soup today.

    As always, your photographs are wonderful! I do hope to see you soon.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are planning to go out for lunch to Veselka to eat lots of comfort food! Do hope you don't have to venture out tomorrow when it is meant to be the coldest it's been in 20 years....!

      Delete
  2. I too am fed up with the weather so am taking a trip to the sunny state of Florida for a break. As always your pictures are a delight. Stay warm and safe with this next onslaught of bad weather. Happy Valentines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good plan! Florida sounds better and better just now!

      Delete
  3. What wonderful photos today.
    The weather here has been too warm, The storms keep missing us and go on to you !
    We have had some rain and snow in the mountains but not enough.
    Even Buster looks like he has had enough of winter.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, Buster utterly fed up too. Being warm sounds rather exciting!

      Delete
  4. Hello Elizabeth,

    Oh dear, the bad weather really does seem to go on and on. Here in Budapest it has been unseasonably lacking in snow. Clearly you are getting our share!

    A blast of colour from your delightful post of anemones and the delicious looking pastries of Eric Kayser are just what is needed to lift the spirits on these dreary days. We trust that you treated yourself to some of these wonderful looking cakes.........too good to eat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you without snow! I was very restrained and held off on the cakes...

      Delete
  5. Are the bottom two cookies in love on Valentine's Day - they should be, as they look eminently suitable for one another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. definately like my heart on a plate!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice photos of the food!

    I heard that New York has been pretty cold recently...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the big chuckle this post gave me!!!! I love your cookie!!! LOL!!! Hang in there, Elisabeth!! Spring will be here before we know it!!! xo

    ~ Wendy
    http://Crickleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!