Thursday, October 31, 2013

Haunted Chelsea


All these photos were taken this morning on my early walk with the dog.


As befits an older part of the city, one feels there must be tales to be told. Here is the roof of the seminary where Clement Moore once worked.


Here is a little independent bookshop.


I turn down 21st St to discover that I'm being watched.


And the raven pecks at the skeleton's mouth.


The window is blank


the basement is dank.


Here is my favorite house, now sadly overgrown, waiting for me to trim back the bushes...


Here a big pumpkin swallows a little one.


Happy Halloween



15 comments:

  1. Terrifying- terrifyingly beautiful! I am sure that buster was brave and used his super powers to suss out demons and smite them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous pictures - very atmospheric!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Halloween back at you !
    Wonderful photos... love the big pumpkin eating the little onion.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
  4. little onion ? it was suppose to say the little one !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just found your lovely blog, what fabulous photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're fabulous. I love the Raven pecking the skeleton. I kind of wish I hadn't written that.....Hope you had a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deliciously moody, borderline ghoulish photos. Especially like the big watching eyes and the raven. Happy Halloween to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so pleased you are back posting pics of NY Elizabeth. Love that one of the big pumpkin swallowing the little one.
    Glad the wool arrived.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth, your photos show Chelsea at its Halloween-y best. Lots of beauty old and new. I do like that Jack O'Lantern having a little pumpkin snack on the steps.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just beautiful Elizabeth! Hope you are having a good weekend.
    Love Caitx

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are phenomenal photographs. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pictures around Chelsea!
    These eyes watching you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really great pictures, I love the ones of the trees!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really great pictures, I love the ones of the trees!

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!