Tuesday, September 29, 2015

What's Been Going On...





Quite a lot -  since I have been neglecting this blog... anyway


Pope Francis came to New York and made a lot of people very happy.


They lined up for the mass at Madison Square Garden and the line went on for miles and miles. Though I am not a Roman Catholic, I admire Francis' message of love for to the poor and needy and dispossessed. 


More lovely effects of light.



This morning on 24th Street....extra urban.


A truck on 23rd Street...


Hooray -  at last the sunflower I planted outside the building decided to flower in almost-October.


I bought a little white pumpkin at Union Square


and admired dahlias  at the little Saturday market on 23rd Street.

Last Saturday was the flea market behind London Terrace.  Of course I wandered through it even though I don't really like old stuff.


I don't need the singers  - (see the notice over the shoulder of the chap on the left)


or Ms Supercilious either.











16 comments:

  1. The first photo is spectacular. It makes me so happy.
    So many bright colors in the city.

    cheers, parsnip

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have been having some spectacular skies lately!
      raining today though....which I like.

      Delete
    2. I hope that huge storm/hurricane doesn't hit New York ?

      Delete
  2. Summer in the city is always a busy and happy time, and the Pope visiting made it even busier, I'm sure. Enjoy autumn!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I wonder if you miss the New York autumn - always so pretty.

      Delete
  3. Elizabeth, these photos and your words have made me smile.

    You show city busy-ness very well.

    Pope left, international UN politicians on the next plane in. What's next...two Columbus Day (Spanish and then Italian) parades, and not long thereafter...the marathon. Oh...of course, we've also got ballet, theatre, new films and art.

    Apples are also looking good at the farmers market. See you soon. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I managed to find some Coxes Orange Pippins - delicious!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the wander! It's always fun visiting here and seeing what you've caught with your camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always a you have captured some beautiful photos. I always like to visit and see a little more of a great City.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great set of photos. Love it that you "don't like old stuff". Not many bloggers would admit to that. Brilliant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my daughter and I get a bit weirded out by flea markets though we enjoy historical places and things -when well cleaned up!

      Delete
  7. Your talent for capturing the vibrance of life, grows, Elizabeth!

    I am back and am glad to see that you are blogging with a vengeance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tastes of The Big Apple as usual Elizabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Pope's message, too! Love your sunflower, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the Popes way of being.

    Wonderful shots as always

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always interesting to have a look.

    ReplyDelete

I look forward to hearing from you!